Monday, October 8, 2012

Windmill Bistro

My friends Shanda and Rudy and Kathy and I got to visit this lovely restaurant on Saturday October 6. It was my third visit. I was a bit nervous as I pulled into the parking lot, it was nearly full.

Turns out Sumner High was having their homecoming and it was so fun seeing the boys and girls all dressed up. And they were able to seat us right as we walked in. We ordered a bottle of Petite Syrah called Crusher. The have a small wine list, but the selections are well chosen.

Shanda had the Shrimp Scampi, she really enjoyed it, but it was too much food for her and she got a box and finished it off for Sunday lunch. Rudy ordered the Planked Cedar Salmon and said it was fabulous. Kathy and I both ordered the Olive Roasted Chicken, that was very tasty, rich mashed potatoes and fire roasted asparagus rounded out the plate. Generous portions and we both shared a box, we will finish off the meal tonight. We also ordered their Chocolate Torte to share; also excellent.

Service was prompt and attentive, we had two people monitoring our table, but the receipt says our server was Denise. Cost was 105.44 before gratuity. One curiosity, the menu listed the bottle of Petite Syrah as $32.95, but the receipt says 24.95, maybe I missed a special of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment