Monday, October 8, 2012

Sorci's Italian Cafe

Saturday was my second visit to Scorci's and I went with three of my friends. We got there right at 11:30 because the tables can fill up fast. We elected to eat inside, my friends are from Hawaii and it was about 60 degrees. The table we selected had a cross breeze and we moved and put Shanda in the sun streaming in from the window. Our server, Jeremy said we should not sit there, if a large group came in he would have to move us, it was reserved for six people. We moved, ordered our food, another group of four came in and Jeremy promptly seated them at the six person table (#gofigure).

Other than that we had a fine experience. Shanda had the Crab Manicotti and a Side Caesar and asked for Anchovies. She thought the salad was excellent, but the crab disappeared in the dish. This is actually a common problem when using Dungeness Crab, I have had this happen at other restaurants. Rudy had a bowl of Minnestrone soup and the Meatball Sliders. He said the soup was the best rendition of Minnestrone he had ever tasted and he should know, he has opened and managed five different restaurants as well as a luxury resort in Tahiti. Kathy had the Toscano White Pizza with no meat and their gluten free crust option. It was a lovely white sauce pizza and we all got to taste it. I had a slice of pizza and one of Rudy's sliders. If you go to Scorci's and I do recommend the place, I think you would be wise to skip the meatball slider. The bread gets really soggy and while the Marinara ( I think ) sauce is a fine sauce, it doesn't quite work in this context. The meatball is lovely.

Despite the seating whoopsie, the service was excellent. I ordered ice tea and was a bit thirsty, every time I drank my tea down, Jeremy was right there with a pitcher to fill it up. My companions all had water and I noticed the same thing with their glasses.

Total price of the meal before gratuity was $58.69.

After two visits, my biggest suggestion is to carefully study the menu. Someone is clearly working hard to develop creative renditions of Italian food. They are also sensitive to the whole gluten problem, if you are avoiding gluten, you will have no problem with the menu here. Scorci's advertises a wine tasting on Thursdays from 5 - 7 and that would probably be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment