Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mclendon's Push Broom

To quote Becca from Savvy Solutions, Holy Pine Needles Batman! Every year about this time we get showed with pine needles, not just one or two, but a whole green waste container's worth and pine cones as well.

Normally I manage them with my leaf blower, but this was a big thick wet mat. So I needed a weapon of war, a manly push broom. I tried Fred Meyer, but they didn't have what I needed and their dust bins were small and made of flimsy plastic, that just would not do. Besides, any excuse to visit McLendon's Complete Hardware works for me.

They had just what I needed, not as wide as some push brooms, but really thick bristles, perfect for a mass of wet needles. And the dust bin was a big metal one like we used to have in shop class; now we are talking.

While I was checking out, I noticed that November 7 is Ladies Night. I asked the clerk and she had never been, she had been there less than a year, but if you register online you can get a ticket, they will have demonstrations, it sounds really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment