Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy, NYC and Twitter

I have never really been much of a Twitter fan, but it seemed to be the best news source online I could find. And it turns I am not the only one with that observation, here is an article by Reuters. And, this Gigom article shows how quickly false claims were outed by other bloggers and social meda. What I have not seen is articles congratulating Twitter for handling the load OR the Internet itself. And while this has been an interesting experiment in social media, continuity of operations and performance under load, my heart just breaks for the people in the Northeast.

We were supposed to be in Reston VA today for a meeting, but I got diverted, found out on my way to an LAX airport hotel. Interestingly enough all seats on United and Alaska to SEATAC were full, but there were two seats available to Kauai. Tough duty. We will fly back to Sumner on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment