Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sumner Sweethearts Wine Walk

What fun. I was the designated driver, so I did the taste and dump thing. I think it was $15 a ticket in advance and they gave us commemorative wine glasses and a heart shaped box of chocolates. We signed up early, which means going to the Will Call line. If we go next year, I think I will either pay cash or volunteer to help structure the Will Call line. It was very slow; both Kathy and I have a lot of experience from our years of putting on conferences, there are some simple tricks to speed things up and it is a way to give back to the community.

Our last store to visit was Off the Beaten Path and we acquired a couple treasures. I found a drawknife in great condition and Kathy found three bags of metal buttons. We watched Seven Days and Six Nights last night and Kathy sorted her buttons. I have not put the drawknife to use yet, but plan to hone its edge this afternoon.

We got there fifteen minutes early and that worked out well. This is becoming quite a popular attraction and parking can be limited. And we got out just as the snow started falling which was a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment