Saturday, February 22, 2014

Safeway on highway 410

As long as I have lived here, I have never been to the Safeway. We live on Kauai part time and the Safeway in Kapaa/Waipouli is incredibly expensive for most items. But since the Albertson's has closed I was looking for an alternative for some of the things WinCo does not carry.

We were up at the Home Depot to get some anchors for our floating dock, so this looked like the opportunity to check out the Safeway.

I was impressed. These days you have to be a smart shopper, but there are some good buys and some nifty items. I picked up a pack of wild caught rockfish at 7.99 lb, a pack of Nasoya Pasta Zero and some hot peppers that were USA raised. Put them together with some cremini mushrooms and used SAN J Gluten Free Szechuan Sauce as the seasoning and tossed in some chopped baby spinach just before serving. I will come back to this Safeway.

By the way, if you like my food ideas,  there are more Gluten Free ideas on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment