Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Aversano's Italian Restaurant

Aversano's is a charming restaurant in an increasingly challenging location just off Main Street in Sumner. The anchor to the shopping center is a closed supermarket. I guess Fred Meyer was too much for them. I would guess it is about 50% vacant.

Love the atmosphere, stained glass lamps, lots of brick and wood, historic photos at every table, cheerful beer signs. It has an awesome bar created in 1897 that has been around the world. There is a large private gathering room with a private bar. There are a few TVs, but they are not the focus and they were muted tonight. It is family friendly, a number of families with small children were there.

It is pretty much your standard Italian menu; there are gluten free options for both pasta and pizza. They have a salad bar, which I think is pretty nifty. There are not a lot of salad bars in Sumner. It is a fairly sizable staff, I noticed three cooks in the Kitchen and four servers on the floor at 5:00 PM.

Our server was Abby, she did not offer to refill my water when it was empty, but they serve nice big plastic cups so that was not a critical issue. Even though to restaurant is well designed with a glass partition above the booths to give some separation from the bar, you can tell this place can get a bit noisy when nearing capacity and alcohol is loosening people's tongues.

Kathy had the gluten free, vegetarian pizza. I had the BBQ chicken. We both made a trip to the salad bar, that added $5.99 to Kathy's tab. We shared a bottle of Grandpa Don's red wine ( I will keep my out for that in stores, it was pretty good). Price before gratuity was 58.72, which I considered a good value and we have plenty leftovers for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment