Saturday, September 12, 2015

Buttered Biscuit - Sumner

Tonight was the Sumner wine walk. Kathy and I did not participate since I am not supposed to walk much, but we did go down that way to socialize our puppy Yogi. When we are downtown, we often eat at Sourci's at the outdoor table since they are willing to be selectively dog friendly, (Yogi is in training to become a service dog), but they were chock full.

We noticed the Buttered Biscuit. I had heard of it, but never knew where it was. They say the secret of business is location, location, location. This place seems to be doing well even though I did not know where it was.

They were willing to let us have our dog at one of the outdoor tables. They were even kind enough to bring Yogi water. The menu was a bit overwhelming, they had a gluten free menu, a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, and we had them all at the same time, (it was six PM).

Kathy had the hash browns with corn tortillas with eggs and artichokes and really liked it. I had the shrimp and cheesy grits. I have had this dish before, but this was the best ever. It came with salad with a sweet dressing, parmesan cheese slices and bacon. I am not big on sweet dressing, when we come back I will ask for no dressing. It also came with cornbread. Now I do not generally like sweet cornbread, but this was almost like cake. Basically if you like comfort food, this is your place.

If you don't, talk with them, they are quite flexible.







No comments:

Post a Comment