Saturday, December 1, 2012

Business Idea: Cinebistro

We went to see the James Bond Skyfall movie at the Richmond VA StoneyPoint Fashion Mall Cinebistro. It is an interesting concept, adult only. You have a meal and a bottle of wine while some lovely scenic footage is shown, then you finish your meal while the standard movie previews are shown. They have a bar so if you arrive early there is a place to hang out.

By staggering the show times, the same staff is able to serve multiple movies, a standard movie theater concept.

While I like the idea of upscale dinner and a movie I do not think I would want to franchise a Cinebistro. The menu is fairly awful and I have had the greatest heartburn from their meatloaf and hamburger and I eat in restaurants all the time and do not usually have problems. So, I would prefer to style it myself. Even better would be to partner with a local restaurant.

One final concern is the economics. I have been to Cinebistro six times and only once was it packed out. There were four couples for Skyfall, now granted this was the 4:30 PM showing and it was a Thursday, but you still have a lot of fixed costs you have to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment